fot

Re: [Fot] Longest Drive

To: Vintage Racer <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Longest Drive
From: robert bownes <bownes@seiri.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 23:20:15 -0500
Cc: FOT <FOT@autox.team.net>
I think the original question was about race hours rather than road
trips...But if you are going to talk road trips...

Albany, NY to Dallas Tx for the 1989 VTR meet. Nonstop in the TR6. top
down. Race in Dallas (win), pick up buddy at airport, drive to
Minneapolis/St. Paul over 1.5 days (top down), spend 2 days in MSP, then
non stop MSP->ALB some of it in the rain. Total somewhere in the
neighborhood of 3400 miles in about 8 days. Was an epic road trip that can
only be pulled off in college. ;)

Plenty of other great road trips in that car... All with a race
destination. My favourite is still autox on the streets of Waterloo, Iowa.

Bob