fot

Re: [Fot] Chassis number

To: trhouse@columbus.rr.com, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Chassis number
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 18:57:03 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to all for all the replies. Revision/batch  level makes sense. I have
three restorations I am currently working on, a TR3, a TR3A, and a 3B. Each
have a number starting with Z, and each model has a higher number after the Z.
Whats curious is that even the 3B has the bracket for the fuel shut-off valve,
although the valve had stopped being used years earlier. Some bloke at the
frame factory kept welding that bracket on, year after year, because some
engineer forget to delete it from the drawing, or some supervisor forgot to
tell the guy they deleted it That would never happen in a modern Chinese
factory. Some comrade gets an extra ration of fish heads and rice for a cost
savings idea. :O)
Thanks - Ed