fot

[Fot] TR-6 clutch disk experiences

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR-6 clutch disk experiences
From: "Spitfire Racing" <spitfire_racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:09:47 -0500
Folks, I am close to getting a TR6 project moving along again. I started at
the rear bumper and am now up to the firewall with the engine and pretty
much the entire rest of the drive train rebuilt. I know a number of years
back there was much conversation among some entities that "Magic" was
required to get a clutch to work in a TR6. I never abided to that train of
thought and identified it more as a mis-match of wrong parts. What I have is
a new lightweight flywheel that is being mated with a LUK pressure plate. I
have an AP clutch disk new in the box and also a LUK with maybe 10K on it.

Are there any problems experienced with the AP brand of clutch disk as sold
out of western PA maybe 15 years ago?

Thanks

Russ
fot@autox.team.net