fot

Re: [Fot] Neg. camber on 1964 tr4

To: "'Bill Babcock'" <ponobill@gmail.com>, "'Stutzmans'" <stutzmans@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Neg. camber on 1964 tr4
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 22:07:31 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Bill, I'm not sure I follow the modification you did.  You said you made
adjustable upper A-arms with Heim joints, which I'm familiar with. But then
you said the length is close to stock and the pivot moved inward.  Do you
mean the inner pivot rod on the frame or the outer ball joint pivot?  And
when others have done the modification of shortening the upper A-arms by
cutting a section out and then re-welding the remaining pieces back
together, they have reported having to shorten the A-arm by about 1/2 inch
to get the - 3 degrees camber.  Did you not have to shorten your Heim joint
A-arms by about 1/2 inch also?  Thanks.

Tim