fot

[Fot] Lemans/Sebring Spitfires

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Lemans/Sebring Spitfires
From: "William T newman " <mnewman@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:48:42 -0400 (EDT)
X_cmae_category: , , a=FKkrIqjQGGEA:10 a=1poGYrevpj8A:10 a=IkcTkHD0fZMA:10 a=1oqGTYSLAAAA:8 a=Xn7Vrdjer0QA:10 a=YbZ7m-f7EO5ezkRkCKoA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=U8RPZ1sOIkLJFrfb:21 a=RozTP9RghCWegIen:21 a=SSdbxPwKFa8LZ0krVC0WLw==:117
Amici:
I have recently purchased a replica of one of the 1964/65 Triumph Spitfire
Works effort cars that raced at Sebring and Lemans. The car was purchased from
Tim Slater in West Palm Beach, Florida. Tim has owned the car twice and his
godfather was Peter Bolton, one of the Works drivers during the era. I will be
racing SCCA Vintage using the #65, Bolton's number. I plan on finding more
history on the car and may need the help of the listers in the future.
Currently, I am in need of some pictutes of the original Works Spitfires that
show the graphics "Triumph Spitfire" on the front wings. I need enough clarity
in order to determine the proper font and scaling to get this graphic
reproduced locally for installation on my new purchase.
By the way, the car is BRG with a Rick Cline built 1300cc engine. The roof is
from a GT6 instead of the original fiberglass, but the quality of the welding
and restoration/reproduction is teriffic.
Any pictures you may have will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill Newman #44 GT6 & 1965 Spitfire
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com