fot

[Fot] TR4 clutch getting desperate, 2 days till racing school

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 clutch getting desperate, 2 days till racing school
From: "Mike Moore" <mmoore@wave1.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 20:24:31 -0400
At track today, I had to push clutch in 95% of way to be able to shift. If I
go 100% pedal sticks to floor, but pulls up really easily.

Problem started after I replaced m/c and s/c. Master is Wilwood (same as was
in car) slave is stock from Roadster Factory.

Just took clutch out, it is stock TR6 and pressure plate and contact disc
look fine. Fork is bolted to shaft and is not bent.

Do I have an adjustment problem? If I leave slave shaft slightly loose, I
can't shift easily.

Can I have the m/c shaft extended too far?

Maybe a stiffer spring on pedal to bypass problem for now?

I can drive 5 hours tomorrow and get another clutch but don't want to waste
the time since this one looks ok.

Thanks

Mike

Michael T. Moore, CPA