fot

Re: [Fot] How likely is cracking a trailing arm on a TR6?

To: Jamie <tr6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] How likely is cracking a trailing arm on a TR6?
From: TR4 Tony <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:26:18 +0100
Cc: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
I've had one crack on a very quick road going IRS 4a I used to own, between
the bolts that hold the hub in place across the top of the cast tunnel they
run through. That was as a result of a wire wheel shredding rapidly and the
shaft impacting the casting. This is typically the way these castings fail -
they are hollow and very strong.

I don't think you will have a problem because of the shock settings, more
likely something else giving up and causing a problem so it's vital to make
sure that everything is in good order across the whole IRS set up.

Regards

Tony

Sent from my iPhone