fot

Re: [Fot] LAST CALL Kastner Cup Shirts and Drivers

To: tr4racing@googlemail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] LAST CALL Kastner Cup Shirts and Drivers
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 09:53:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Full-name: BillDentin
In a message dated 07/01/2013 8:26:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
tr4racing@googlemail.com writes:

> <<< Are there any entry cars to enter the paddock zone?

   The competition paddock is open to all. >>>  Because parking is
eventually
> limited, depending upon the entry size, sometimes they limit the number
> of street cars that can get into the competition paddock.  In this case they
> issue 'Paddock Passes' for the street cars.  If you are listed on a race
> team, they're usually available.

  <<< As I never have been to USA everything will be completely new to me
(the

> money, how to drive on American roads, the food). >>>

   I think you will find people here in the Midwest to be very fair,
honest, > hospitable and glad to see you.  Your English is very good, and while
it
> may miss some local colloquialisms, you'll do fine and have fun doing it.
> We drive British sports cars, but on the right side of the road.  Watch
> your speed.  Sheboygan county has German roots.

<<< Are there any numbers I could call if I get lost somehow or arrested? >>

> For sure, try not to get arrested.  The FOT is not organized enough to
handle International Incidents.  Many, if not most, rental cars these days have
built in GPS systems.  I don't see you getting into any circumstances that
you can't handle on your own.  Just be aware of the various local addresses
you want to be able to get to, so you can enter them into the GPS system.
Almost everyone has a cell phone these days.  Check to see if your cell phone
has 'service' here in Wisconsin.  Then get a couple of numbers from other
FOTers to hang onto just in case.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com