fot

Re: [Fot] Manifold needed

To: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Manifold needed
From: Jeff Kelley <jeffreykelley@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:56:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Long door TR2's were produced through TS4001. TR2 production ended with
TS8636. Few of the changes made by the factory during the long run of
side screened cars had much an effect on performance. The high port head
was stronger. Increasing engine displacement and replacing the SU H4
carburetors with H6 gave no real improvement.

Lemans heads are very rare and not well documented. Most SU H6 setups on
TR2's were made by owners when they went to the junk yard and found a
later donor car. Many of the earliest TR2's, ones with engine numbers
under 850 blew up. Often at the end of the assembly line.  The
crankshaft had only one oil hole per rod. Somehow my car TS778L survived
with it's original engine/crank until I rebuilt it during the
restoration of the car.

Jeff Kelley