fot

Re: [Fot] A type O.D.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] A type O.D.
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 16:31:09 -0500
Actually, the spec pressure is 350 for a large accumulator type (pre
TR4A) and 450 for the later ones with a small accumulator.  Racers
prefer the large accumulator and often go to higher pressure for a
quicker and more positive shift.  Anyone that works on these should have
a pressure gauge.  Our article in the maintenance section at vtr.org
gives guidelines for the effect of shim thickness on pressure and
information on where to buy a pressure gauge.
Larry Young