fot

Re: [Fot] SCCA Road America & HProd Spitfire Excitement

To: "'robertten1@aol.com'" <robertten1@aol.com>, "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SCCA Road America & HProd Spitfire Excitement
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:20:18 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
<< Seems steering knuckles are failing on our Spits all of a sudden ... I will
be able to tighten the 4 screws holding the assembly together all will be good

Don't count on it.  Mine has been getting progressively crummier, but took a
step toward spooky last weekend at Blackhawk.  So we pulled it apart this
weekend as long as the engine was out and tried to tighten it - in vain.  It
appears that the 4 cap screws that hold it together are staked in place.  No
safety wire.  The rubber grommets have largely perished, leaving just the
steel disk and the fasteners.  It's not going anywhere and is just a little
vague on-center, so we tucked it back in there for now and will source a new
one ASAP.

Yes - strange coincidence?

Scott B.