fot

Re: [Fot] Fwd: Hoosier Speedsters on my 1958 TR3

To: ablake2@austin.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fwd: Hoosier Speedsters on my 1958 TR3
From: billdentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:10:01 -0400 (EDT)

peedsters. This is not a concern, as this crack is the edge of the tread
ubber which is applied to the tire and then folded down onto the sidewall.

> Over time(new tires in Feb. 2012) this line will become more apparent to
he user.

> I would continue using them if the performance of the tires are still good.
here is no safety concern with this cosmetic issue.

> Also, I do not think storage conditions had any part of this tire sidewall
racking, just age or time.

> Any other questions, please write me.
>

> Jeffrey A. Speer
> Product Manager
>
> Hoosier Racing Tire
> 65465 US Hwy 31
> Lakeville, IN 46536
> www.hoosiertire.com
> Phone: 574-784-3152
> Fax: 574-784-2385

n all tires on both sidewalls in the same location relative to the distance
rom the rim.  I did not see this kind of cracking on my first set of Hoosiers
urchased in 2009, but can't say that I was looking for it either.  This set
as purchased in Feb '12 in Texas.  They have plenty of grip left and still
how depth in the tread pattern so I was planning to use them at TWS with CVAR
n September and possibly with SVRA at COTA in Oct, then buy a new set for
ext year.

> I need to know if I should be concerned with this type of cracking?  Is
here something that I have done to cause this?  Typical storage is car on
acks, tires remained mounted with minimal pressure stored in corner of my
arage sitting on the side walls stack 4 high.  I don't cover the tires while
n the garage.

> Thanks,
>
> Greg Blake
> #4(now #41) Silver TR3.  Pic attached of car too.

> The IS team in Atkins has scanned this email and any attachments for
iruses and other threats; however no technology can be guaranteed to detect
ll threats. Always exercise caution before acting on the content of an email
nd before opening attachments or following links contained within the email.

> This electronic mail communication may contain privileged, confidential,
nd/or proprietary information which is the property of The Atkins North
merica Corporation, WS Atkins plc or one of its affiliates. If you are not
he intended recipient or an authorized agent of the intended recipient please
elete this communication and notify the sender that you have received it in
rror. A list of wholly owned Atkins Group companies can be found at
ttp://www.atkinsglobal.com/site-services/group-company-registration-details

> Consider the environment. Please don't print this email unless you really
eed to.

> ________________________________
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the
xclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the
ntended recipient of this message, you may not make any use of, or rely in
ny way on this information and you should destroy this message and notify the
ender by reply email.

> The IS team in Atkins has scanned this email and any attachments for
iruses and other threats; however no technology can be guaranteed to detect
ll threats. Always exercise caution before acting on the content of an email
nd before opening attachments or following links contained within the email.
ot@autox.team.net
http://www.fot-racing.com
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive
orums: http://www.team.net/forums