fot

Re: [Fot] Uncle Jack, the Stag

To: n197tr4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Uncle Jack, the Stag
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:58:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: pethier@comcast.net
Full-name: BillDentin
In a message dated 09/09/2013 9:59:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
n197tr4@cs.com writes:

> I am sure that Frances, Tony, and Chris were pleased.
>
> And also those of us who were close to Jack Drews.......
>
> Just another one of the important stories that threaded itself through the
> FOT
> Garages, all week end.

Amen to that from all of Uncle Jack's fans.  And Tony did his Dad proud
with his 'Swamp Fox' Art of Racing in the Rain demonstration in the wet Sprint
Race.  Then on Sunday, with all of the laps he has run at Road America over
the years...he found two more seconds for his best lap ever in the Triumph
feature race.  His Mom and sister were beaming.

Then how about poor Mordy Dunst, who spent hours in the Dyno shop trying to
get his car ready for the event, only to have to pull the plug and cancel
at the last minute.  So what does he do instead?  He sends a pallet full of
wine (Classico Chianti and Pinot Grigio) to deal with any TRIUMPH paddock
attitude adjustment issues.  That is not a typo.  He sent a pallet full of
wine.  What a guy.  Hooray for our side.

And how about Canadian Mike Deweerd?  The left front suspension peeled away
from the frame exposing cracks you could see through.  A prominent TR
Doctor in attendance diagnosed the problem as terminal.  "Sorry my son, but
you're through."  No so!  Mike stuck with it, borrowing some high tech tools
from
Tony G, he wrestled the car back into shape while strapped up on jack
stands on his open trailer.  Then he hauled the whole rig up to my friends at
Yard Racing, where they did considerable field welding...and lo and behold,
after some quick and dirty attempts to deal with toe in and out, Mike ran all
three races he was eligible for on Sunday.  And he went fast too.

Mark Wheatley (sp?) continues to impress me in his exCharlie Kates' TR4.
Mark drives the wheels off that car.  Down through the years, this car's
driver's accents have had dramatic change (Kates was from Nashville and always
sounded like he was from down deep in Alabama.  Wheatley's from New
Hampshire, and sounds more like a Maine lobster fisherman.  But that old
Triumph TR4
sounds the same and is going faster than ever.

That is what is neat about these Kastner Cup events where drivers and cars
come from all over to cluster together for great racing and great times.
And how about the Triumph 250K (and a gaggle of other TRIUMPH race cars
arriving in a big red Ferrari semi trailer.  A big old red FERRARI semi trailer
right there in the middle of the TRIUMPH GHETTO paddock.  What a concept.  We
just will not be held back.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com