fot

[Fot] In other news

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] In other news
From: "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:23:52 -0400

--===============1715946946==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0037_01CEAFB2.F15CBFB0"

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01CEAFB2.F15CBFB0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi all, sounds like you all had a great time at RA. Glad to hear it.
I ran at Watkins Glen last weekend and also had a great time; knocked 4 =
seconds off my lap times. Must be those new carbs.
Triumphs were in short supply, Allen Goode did well but had a couple =
problems with broken rocker arm studs, which he fixed. Brian Schirano =
had his yelllow TR6 there and had fun.
The Friday re-enactment was attended by 20,000 or so fans on a gorgeous =
day; we all had a ball.
It rained Sat night and was damp Sunday AM, but cleared up nicely.
There were the Historic Trams Am folks there, all of the cars were =
incredible. I watched a lot of them race in the late '60's and early =
'70's! Where did thos 40 or so years go?
One of the Penske/Donohue,Sunoco Camaros hit the guardrails very hard =
and was heavily damaged. There was a photographer behind the guardrail =
in the area and was thrown for a loop and was airlifted out. Luckily he =
had a broken arm and several ribs and not much else. Whew!

Film at 11! (If I could get my video camera hooked up to my computer) =
Damned new fangled stuff. Next thing you know, they'll make phones that =
will take video! (Old Luddite!)

It was a great weekend.
Bill
------=_NextPart_000_0037_01CEAFB2.F15CBFB0
        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi all, sounds like you all had a great =
time at RA.=20
Glad to hear it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I ran at Watkins Glen last weekend and =
also had a=20
great time; knocked 4 seconds off my lap times. Must be those new=20
carbs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Triumphs were in short supply, Allen =
Goode did well=20
but had a couple problems with broken rocker arm studs, which he fixed. =
Brian=20
Schirano had his yelllow TR6 there and had fun.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The Friday re-enactment was attended by =
20,000 or=20
so fans on a gorgeous day; we all had a ball.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>It rained Sat night and was damp Sunday =
AM, but=20
cleared up nicely.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>There were the Historic Trams Am folks =
there, all=20
of the cars were incredible. I watched a lot of them race in the late =
'60's and=20
early '70's! Where did thos 40 or so years go?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>One of the Penske/Donohue,Sunoco =
Camaros hit the=20
guardrails very hard and was heavily damaged. There was a photographer =
behind=20
the guardrail in the area and was thrown for a loop and was airlifted =
out.=20
Luckily he had a broken arm and several ribs and not much else.=20
Whew!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Film at 11! (If I could get my video =
camera hooked=20
up to my computer) Damned new fangled stuff. Next thing you know, =
they'll make=20
phones that will take video! (Old Luddite!)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>It was a great weekend.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Bill</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive