fot

Re: [Fot] Rear seals and lifters

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear seals and lifters
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 12:03:38 -0500
--===============0029587358==
 boundary="------------080804000704080803090608"

--------------080804000704080803090608

I don't need the lifters, but I would use them if I was rebuilding
engines.  At least OEM lifters are of known high quality, which is more
than can be said for some of the new parts available.  In the past, I
have used Rocker Arms Unlimited (www.rockerarms.com).  They will also
hardness test them to insure they are suitable for reuse.
Larry

On 9/26/2013 6:28 AM, EDWARD BARNARD wrote:
> Group:
> I have been building a lot of TR2-4 engines this past year and have
> numerous sets of used rear seals and some lifters (many lifters were
> trash) leftover. Are there still people in the group that resurface
> original lifters as opposed to new lifters? Joe A. are you using new
> seal blanks for Chris M's seal conversion or do you need these as cores.
> I don't want to throw these seals and lifters out if someone wants
> them. The cost of postage gets them for you otherwise they become soda
> cans and whatever. Just let me know.
> -Ed-

--------------080804000704080803090608

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    I don't need the lifters, but I would use them if I was rebuilding
    engines.&nbsp; At least OEM lifters are of known high quality, which is
    more than can be said for some of the new parts available.&nbsp; In the
    past, I have used Rocker Arms Unlimited (<a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.rockerarms.com";>www.rockerarms.com</a>).&nbsp; They
    will also hardness test them to insure they are suitable for reuse.<br>
    Larry<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1380194924.31748.YahooMailNeo@web181403.mail.ne1.yahoo.com"
      type="cite">
        new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt">
          and have numerous sets of used rear seals and some lifters
          (many lifters were trash) leftover. Are there still people in
          the group that resurface original lifters as opposed to new
          lifters? Joe A. are you using new seal blanks for Chris M's
          seal conversion or do you need these as cores. </div>
          someone wants them. The cost of postage gets them for you
          otherwise they become soda cans and whatever.&nbsp;Just let me
          know.</div>

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive