fot

Re: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance

To: charly@mitchelplumbing.com, lang@isis.mit.edu, tr4racing@googlemail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:40 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Full-name: BillDentin
In a message dated 09/30/2013 12:24:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
charly@mitchelplumbing.com writes:

> > But a 2:30 in '79 is at Road America was a pretty stout performance.
> IMHO,
> > of course.  I think I remember watching that race on TV back in the day.
> They used to show the races delayed a couple of weeks on syndicated TV
> coverage. I
> remember following the progress of the TR8 all year and cheering them on.
> That car is/was pretty awesome.

Isn't that one of the cars Bill Warner has?  He raced it in the 'Watkins
Glen' Kastner Cup race.  They were in the garage adjacent to ours and Lanky
Foushee (RIP) was wrenching for him.  That car was still fast.  Shortly there
after there was an extensive article about the car in one of the motorsports
publications, dealing specifically with exactly how and why the car went so
fast.

It was not, as they say, your Dad's TR8.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive