fot

[Fot] First race complete

To: Fot@autox.team.net s=q20121106; t=1381164657; bh=HtEfz7GaWZ2X3XIOPxBut5Pka19lflw2PcJZv3MVxw8=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=nHMSSY/Jtx1EVajD2Cvyzlt6MpV6Jh+OpprfNSLVWkWzgbdC/QJUiwJOl/Qm8Z4mu lDUC75h4u6h/SVCpPSVPG7j8gR65xdRNrcbyZgmqi42leXxRa+/uRDP3Cr/VpVkO6A qc8YHAhouQD9mI5ucrqH25ksqdhclp8sq81wYDdtxqyc7rNUeglBSqlOAQjcGPc27e 45/1Acs2XJk57OFSMmpGr3YyM/uUk/qIY6tHgzijJGalLv7j/12gUtLMa+5TroQgP+ 1oXzq1uUJe71YlUsRFH6pEay/6aBxqKHYl6aN3g2e+5f4Nth5T5mU761n9rzPMVYry F5WyHGNAaVPvA==
Subject: [Fot] First race complete
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 16:50:57 +0000 (UTC)
Hello Friends,
I want to share the news of completing my first race weekend in my TR3.  The
10th Annual Charity Challenge at Sears Point.  It was a perfect weekend for me
and the car.  Steadily improving throughout the weekend and surprising veteran
drivers while doing so.
I brought the car home clean and did nothing but drive, check tire pressures
and add gas all weekend.
I was very fortunate to share paddock space with Tony Garmey and his crewman
Ray Quick.  They generously provided a canopy spot and other amenities
throughout the weekend and certainly added a degree of calm for me with tips
and suggestions.  Thanks, Tony and Ray.  My brother Tom and nephew Tommy stood
by with much appreciated assistance as well.
I completed 3 practice sessions on Friday, 1 timed practice Saturday morning, 4
charity drives ($75/ passenger) totaling 13 laps during lunch at near race
speeds and the qualifying race.  On Sunday I ran morning warmup, 1 more charity
drive during lunch, Triumph club parade laps and the race.  I figured that I
drove around 160 miles on track.
I made numerous passes during the weekend and was in a close battle with a
Healey 3000, MGA and Alfa Giulietta Sprint during the race.  I was able to get
by the Healey and attempted a couple passes of the Alfa and MG, but in the end
settled in behind them.
What a blast!

Dave
fot@autox.team.net