fot

Re: [Fot] Lever shock rebuilds

To: Greg And Alison Blake <ablake2@austin.rr.com> s=q20121106; t=1383450891; bh=XNZ56BM9bTmzIKNrfY84m6DHoQMCI9cT/0nRwvT0UhA=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=eYRypFApyyyxRU6ePRYv0I4fNsKfR67XNqQV7qe9V7lFUxXNsuFcQ9oO1hpltjIJQ +0sXdALMdrmkg3hHIbzEMZ5GDQsKq5rsKMjiG+unXLTF/NvWnC+vQX30grgoaM2HEQ tNU08llUo+eJGe90xIIjNy+3n28ZWbsl85IzcTQG96JyhlZlnEhBFrKz9WV9Bhd2tS 6+o4gfdZ7UhXUZCy1Q9qJ94y/7ENGvANvEhQH/8sjoxUassXDl4gp5ALMYKzGEOoz6 YY5d2J13tUhG5N9i+JOFiRzy2UuFzw9EROlWuJWHSwvVK+FvLcS/Uy2JeqA0E/GH6Y 4mNKwkoGtqnPg==
Subject: Re: [Fot] Lever shock rebuilds
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 03:54:50 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Hi Greg,
Like Joe says, Peter Caldwell at Nosimport.com will be able to get you what I
think are the best shocks available for your car. I got a set of the adjustable
units on my TR3 and they instantly transformed the handling of my car.
I had thoroughly cleaned and refilled the rear shocks on my car with 30wt. fork
oil. They didn't go too long before one started leaking at the shaft seal. As
my first experience driving a Triumph, I wasn't sure what to expect. After
installing the adjustable units on the car, now I know the difference. They
seem to be a perfect balance to the Spax adjustable shocks on the front. The
other shocks weren't doing much if anything.
I'd like to send Peter my old units to rebuild with the heavy valving as
spares.
I'll send you a photo of the adjustable units mounted in the car.

Dave H.