fot

[Fot] TR6 Trans on a GT6: Follow up Question

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>, Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>, Steve Smith <gt6steve@aol.com>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 Trans on a GT6: Follow up Question
From: Chuck WATSON <clw2000@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 16:26:41 -0500 FILETIME=[8C2AF9E0:01CEDE5B]
Friends:

Making progress figuring this out and finding parts.  Need a bit more guidance
though.  The GT6 trans uses a pilot bushing that resides in the end of the
crank.  The TR6 trans uses a pilot bushing located in the flywheel which
accommodates the shorter pilot shaft.  I know that some of you have made
longer pilot bushes to re-use the GT6 crank version.  Question:  I am planning
on replacing my stock flywheel with a lighter one anyway, so would I be better
off using a TR6 flywheel with the needed pilot bushing?  I am assuming it will
bolt onto the GT6 crank - but not sure as I don't have one to look at.  It
seems like using the TR6 flywheel would then make clutch and bearing fitment a
little easier too.  Comments or advice?

Thanks,

Chuck Watson
fot@autox.team.net