fot

Re: [Fot] Today -nothing to do with triumphs at all.

To: "Mordy" <gasket.works@gte.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Today -nothing to do with triumphs at all.
From: "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 08:46:11 -0500
Mordy, thanks for a great article. Very interesting.
I recently bought a Springfirld Garand; always wanted one. My retired Marine
brother-in-law was home at the time and checked it out. He said it was in
very good shape. First weapon he qualified on in the Corps was a Garand.
It's a blast to shoot.
A local gunshop had a run of M1 Airborne Carbines done a few years back. All
were signed by four of the original Band of Brothers. All 105 were sold.
$2500 each. And I didn't buy one!
Two of the BoB were from Erie. Joe Lesniewski, who autographed my copy of
the book, and a fellow named Joint, who was not in the book. Both have died
recently.
Passing of an era.
Thanks again.
Bill