fot

Re: [Fot] [6pack] A-Type O/D Issue

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] [6pack] A-Type O/D Issue
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:41:23 -0500
Hi Larry and FOT
I have news for you.
We used both your publication and the one from Buckeye Triumphs. Great
Job on both of these.
We installed the trans with the O/D down and the splines lined up or so
we thought. I have a hole drilled in my bench to facilitate such an
assembly and to rebuild automatic transmissions.
Every time it was lined up it moved.
In every position trans up or down it moved out of position.
One of you suggested putting a slight taper on the output shaft spline.
I was thinking of doing just that as a lead in to create alignment
during the assembly
When we get a new adapter plane we'll try it without the springs.
Our adapter plate was already cracked  and it looks like a rookie
soldered, not tig welded it back together. It would have been the weak
link in the assembly anyway and likely would have leaked.
Glenn