fot

Re: [Fot] Subject: Re: aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's

To: Catpusher@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Subject: Re: aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's
From: <rodkent@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 11:07:46 -0500
Ditto for me on the Fisher damper, I have run one on the 6 for many years with
a drastic reduction of crank failures. Prior to the fisher I accumulated two
sets of bookends made with rear crank mains in just one season!...thx, rod
---- Catpusher@aol.com wrote:
Shortly after both Joe E Huffaker and I had both had crank failures at SIR
on the last lap while leading F and E Production, the Joes talked me into a
 Fisher crank damper, which they adapted to fit.  I had resisted the extra
weight and cost one to many cranks.  I used 7200 all the time, unless  I
had a good gap on the other cars.  I calibrated the "rev counters", and  ran a
Jones with tell tail and watched it closely. Huffaker became the only
place that I had the Nitrided, Standard cranks balanced, after a number of sub
standard jobs.  The crank with Fisher damper has outlasted earlier cranks
by a wide and amazing margin.
Gilmore belts waste less energy.  The pulley stock is probably still
available from a bearing store, along with the belts.  I slotted the water
pump
assy. so I ran with just 2 pulleys (crank and water pump) moving the pump
to properly tension the belt.

TR Regards,
Hardy
fot@autox.team.net