fot

[Fot] Triumph TR4 race car for sale - $8200

To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Triumph TR4 race car for sale - $8200
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:00:13 -0500
Well, it seems to be the season to do this, judging by the number of recent
announcements.  I'm selling my 1963 Triumph TR4 - ex Chip Bond, Jack Wheeler,
Gary Schneider.
Some of you will recall I just bought this car about two years ago from Gary.
I sorted it out, put in a new fuel cell, did the Southwick axle conversion and
countless other items (brakes, tires, engine work, etc).  This is a well
prepared race car that went to the run-offs in 1997 and has been well taken
care of since.

Selling for $8,200 - considerably less than I have in it at this point.  Car
is not vintage today (flares, etc) but has all original steel body panels to
return to vintage.

Thought I would offer it here before it goes to a wider audience.
Also, I thought you would enjoy this story from John Lye, who crewed for Chip
and helped build the car:

"Yup, sure looks just like it did when Chip had it.
It even still wears his number 37 . . . .

It's kinda funny, though, in a way that car had a large
part to play in the formation of the FOT.  We were at
Mid-Ohio for the Runoffs ('97), paddocked next to Hardy
Prentice, when Joe Alexander wandered over.  We were
chatting about a bunch of things, and he said something
about how it would be cool to have a group for Triumph
racers, and Hardy and Chip both thought that would be a
great idea.  Since I know Mark Bradakis well, I told
them that I knew someone who could make it happen, and
he did, so the rest is history as it were.  So, that
car was there for the formation of the FOT..."

I ran it twice at Summit Point, had a blast - love the car and its history -
but realized I can't keep up with two race cars.  The GT6 comes first, and I
don't have the time to return this one to vintage, or the interest in running
SCCA regionals with it as it is.

In excellent condition, except that the overdrive quit on me in the last
session two weeks ago and needs a rebuild (spewing oil out the rear seal).
Comes with a second OD-equipped transmission, and many, many other spares.

Photos and details at link below.
Car is near Philadelphia, Pa.  Contact info on link.

http://triumphtr4racecar.blogspot.com/2013/12/1963-triumph-tr4-race-car.html

http://triumphtr4racecar.blogspot.com/2013/12/1963-triumph-tr4-race-car.html
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com