fot

Re: [Fot] Brake line

To: "Allen Washatko" <awashatko@wi.rr.com>, "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake line
From: "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 18:48:10 -0500
Allen, it's the best stuff on the planet. Easily flared and shaped; won't
kink. Also won't rust.
    Most good local parts stores carry different brands of copper nickle
alloy lines. Bowes is a distributor if it.
Federal Hill Trading Co sells the line, fittings, and a very nice flaring
tool, which isn't cheap 'cause it aint made in China. Very nice tool. Give
them a call, they have a very knowledable guy working there. Knows his
stuff.
    I think Richard Good uses the line in some of his applications.
    I've used both FedHill's lines and local sourced lines; both are good,
FedHill is a step above but a bit higher priced. The garage next door uses
copper nickle alloy lines extensively; they don't rust.
    Happy New Year to all.
    Bill