fot

Re: [Fot] Solid U-Joint

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>, Jerry Van Vlack <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>, Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>, "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Solid U-Joint
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:09:35 -0400
I'm not an engineer, but I was taught that you never want
set screws across from each other - then you are just
riding on the small tips of the set screws.B  If you want
to add another set screw, it should be at 90 degrees
to the first set screw.B  At least, that's what I was taught.
Anyone else agree or disagree?

Thanks,
John

Tony, it's not a bad idea to drill and tap a hole on the other side of the