fot

Re: [Fot] rear main cap seals

To: <riverside@southslope.net>,"FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] rear main cap seals
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:07:38 -0500
I've not tried alternatives, the felt seems to work well
enough.  3/4" to 1" long pieces of felt dipped in Indian Head or
Permatex Shellac sealant, mashed into place with something long and
skinny using a rubber mallet until the shellac oozes out both sides
of the block.  I use a Phillips screwdriver, others have a special
trapezoidal tool.  I use a set of needlenose pliers to dip into the
goo and start into the hole in the main cap.  One thing to note -
some of the gasket kits in the past had felt that was smaller than
the hole in the main cap, others included cork instead of felt.  Moss
sold some felt separately that is the proper larger size.

Tony Drews