fot

Re: [Fot] VSCDA Pictures

To: cudapilot@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] VSCDA Pictures
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:35:47 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Full-name: BillDentin
Dear Brian...

Thank you so much for including pictures of Bob Wismer racing his TRIUMPH
TR4 with your recent montage of photos, most of the others were from this
past week end at GRATTAN RACEWAY.  While Bob no longer monitors the FOT list, I
try to forward some things to him.  Believe me, he was touched by your
gesture and warm feelings.

FYI they stopped treating Bob's aggressive lung cancer about four weeks
ago.  He really is no longer strong enough for further treatment, which was
only buying time anyway.  And the time it bought had little quality (except for
things like seeing your email).  Racing is still Bob's passion, and he
misses it.

Bob's been at home, and in Hospice for over four weeks now (tough guy!)  He
is on oxygen and gets some morphine for pain.  Two of his four daughters
are highly trained nurses, so he is getting the BEST of care, and is pleased
to be able to die at home.  The tumors in one lung now cause him problems
talking and eating, but he is still sharp and VERY cognizant.  I hear from him
almost every day.  Racing remains a passion.  He is a big F1 fan, and he
googles YouTube stuff on his iPad.  He enjoys hearing what is going on in our
TRIUMPH family.

Bob is a world class engineer, having been Vice President of Engineering at
DEERE.  Engineers are sometimes accused of being a bit cold emotionally.
Bob tells me that aggressive lung cancer has taught him things about love,
and family, and friends that he doubts he would have figured out without the
cancer.  I tease him that there is a 'POET' deep inside each of us...even
engineers.

Thanks again, Brian.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net