fot

Re: [Fot] Cam bearing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Cam bearing
From: robertten1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 19:09:03 -0400
Amici,

I missed the full thread for this Cam Bearings question, the early
Spit 1300 Cams had smaller bearing journals compared to the 1200 and 1500.
APT sells cam bearings for the larger cams requiring the blocks to be bored
out.  In my case I bought a cam for my 1500 from Rick Cline and was advised
against this machine work as this is a weak spot on the 1500 blocks.  So he
sold me a cam that would use the factory cam bearings for the early 1300 which
will fit the 1500 block without machining.  This is something to check out for
your application.  I do have a set of the APT cam bearings, that I didn't use,
for the large journal cam(s) that I might let go cheap.

Good luck in your
quest,
Bob T