fot

Re: [Fot] Steering Racks - Update

To: John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Steering Racks - Update
From: TR4 Tony <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:39:58 +0100
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
All

I can't comment on the new MOSS racks - they may well be fine but I've gone
down a different route.

I did all the thinking on how to make the MOSS rack safe after two big
failures and with TR Enterprises in the UK got a mod to the standard rack
which deals with the tube pulling from the pinion housing quite elegantly.

Stopping the pinion nut falling off is less elegant, but again a cheap fix if
you want to use their rack. Recutting the threads for the track rod ends
correctly is easy enough.

If you want a weapons grade high reliability solution we have procured some
billet casing racks in RHD and if there is enough interest LHD racks could
probably be done in relatively short order now that all the development work
is over. I don't have a financial interest, but i do stand by my friends who
help me out so happy to assist.

Contact me off list if you are interested - tr4.tony@virgin.net

I'll be running the billet cased rack next month at Throckmorton, November on
the Rally of the Tests and then again in December on LEJOG. If anything will
fail on a TR4 it will do so on these gruelling events, so by January you'll
all know if it's B#500 GBP well spent on these racks.

Regards

Tony

Sent from my iPhone