fot

[Fot] Texas World Speedway, the days are numbered......................

To: fot@autox.team.net, Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
Subject: [Fot] Texas World Speedway, the days are numbered.......................
From: <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:46:50 +0000
Sensitivity: Normal Sep 2014 14:46:50 +0000 a=wAyFwspFC75BjEd6OtOw1g==:117 a=wAyFwspFC75BjEd6OtOw1g==:17 a=ayC55rCoAAAA:8 a=0ixMQLScA0oA:10 a=2JcRiDahbtcA:10 a=05ChyHeVI94A:10 a=IkcTkHD0fZMA:10 a=k0i7qWdVAAAA:8 a=jg_yglyPAAAA:8 a=B6ARQbUIAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=JcvzPq48AAAA:8 a=qQuDssEfID6H6S-6odcA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=J0aUVQLP0FIA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=f_jo5SVVs6EA:10 a=bXXmjBwangUA:10 a=7ziGmj9GWucA:10
FoT,

As TxFOT we held the Kastner Cup in Texas this year at Eagles Canyon and
shortly afterwards the word came down that the developers have a plan turn
Texas World Speedway in to a subdivision. They have filed plans and are moving
forward. The latest we have been told is that TWS will close May of 2015. If we
had known this we would likely have tried to hold the Kastner Cup at TWS in
order to share this historic track with the Triumph faithful.

For those that don't know about its history, TWS is a 2 mile NASCAR oval and
the sister track to Michigan on the NASCAR circuit. It fell out of favor,
probably due to it's location outside a major metro area (College Station, home
of the Aggies) but the road course has been the staple of SCCA and vintage race
clubs the whole time. There is a 1.7 mile infield course and a 2.9 mile long
course that we run in CVAR. It crosses over the back straight for a long, fast
dog leg and re-enters the infield with a challenging carousel. There are 13
turns, many third gear sweepers, and the NASCAR front straight, making it a
fast and fun track to drive. I've done a high 2:04 once or twice and I think
Greg Blake has done that as well. It's a blast. Joe and Jack came down one year
and raced TWS so Joe can tell you about it.

CVAR holds a February race at TWS every year. This next one may be the last and
without infringing on the Kastner Cup plans we  will be inviting the FoT to
take part in the February race. It is preseason for most of you and a long haul
regardless, but there will not be another chance to race this historic venue
unless one of the TxFOT wins the PowerBall and buys the place. (all our cash
goes to Ken Gilanders, Ted Schumacher or the Roadster Factory, among others, so
that wont happen).

I don't have a date for the February event yet but put this on your radar.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com