fot

Re: [Fot] Pertronix Ignitor

To: "Michael Moore" <mmoore@mtmcpafirm.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pertronix Ignitor
From: "Richard Good" <goodparts@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 07:33:00 -0400
Mike,

Yes, the position of the breaker plate determines where the rotor is pointed
when it fires.  To check if it is "phased" correctly, check the timing at
idle then the stop the engine and turn the crank to that timing mark on #1
compression.  Make a mark on the distributor body directly below #1 post of
the distributor cap then remove the cap and check if the rotor is pointed
toward the mark.  Centrifugal advance does not effect the phasing of the
rotor in relation to the cap but the position of the breaker plate does.

Richard Good