fot

[Fot] Working insane amounts of time to run a particular stint (of much

To: "Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Working insane amounts of time to run a particular stint (of much less time)
From: jason@multivintage.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 03:14:02 +0000
Perhaps I've used this anology before... But Imageine "getting your golf clubs
ready" for an hour or two round of Golf.
There is Not exactly a correlation in Hell that could get someone to understand
what it takes to run well and win in amature racing. The time, and what it
takes to never be beaten by equipment let alone win.
Crap! I've rebuilt half the car since my last outing and now i'm faced with a
leakin hole where the threads (used to be) in the front sealing block at the
lower (just kind of hanging there) bolt that holds on the lowest part of the
front timing cover.
Seriously?
The bolt just spins on a never ending cycle to no grab, and is leaking.
I've got not enough time to fix it proper before thIs weekend so I overly
coated the bolt with locktite (which will likely do nothing as there is nothing
to lock tight). And broke out the red  RTV (does that count for points for or
against an effort to not be beaten by equipment?)
And Coated the hell out of it; 1/4" deep...
As a bad latex diaper.
Any way, I've also got this strange interuptive miss or short that is really
pissing me off. Perhaps its a short or ground fault in the region of the
starter button (which seems to work when in wants or perhaps not), or a bad
contact on the kill switch? Then again it could be points, coil, cap, rotor,
condenser,etc.
So, In panic we ordered 2 of every Mallory item that fits our gt6 (and other
4.2 Liter Jaguars)
Sure hope that one of those parts and my surgeon like use of an emrey board
onto every point of grouned electrical electrical contact works.
Because I am running out of days to complete the race prep for this all
impotantant 80 minute race at Blackhawk Farms this weekend.

This is a big race for us midwesterners
The Loooong Race ( a Midwestern Council Classic)
These FoT madmen will be driving
The vintage group which has 41 cars set to race... One class for all the
marbles!
Tony drews TR4
Sean alexander TR4
Scott barr Spitfire