fot

Re: [Fot] 1948 Triumph Roadster

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>, "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 1948 Triumph Roadster
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:39:44 -0400
Seal-send-time: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:39:44 -0400 FILETIME=[475E15C0:01CFF072]
The Triumph Roaster has never had the collector/enthusiast interest of the TR
series cars.

They are slow, portly, and not really a sports car at all.  Just a smallish
touring car.

Much like several American orphan cars I can think of (Kaiser-Frazer, Hudson,
post war Studebaker sedans), they are only loved by a small following and
hence there is little pent up demand to drive prices up.

Honestly, if I had a choice of a Roadster or a TR 3/4/5/6 car, and they were
in similar condition and price, I'd choose the TR every time, all day long and
twice on Sunday.

Your mileage may vary of course, but even though they have a very classic
look, they are not much of a driver's car.

Terry Stetler