fot

[Fot] Non-Triumph but racing related...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Non-Triumph but racing related...
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> {sentby:smtp auth 173.31.234.34 authed with tony@tonydrews.com}
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 11:13:55 -0600
Sat next to a guy on a flight back from Vegas who lives in Des Moines
Iowa and has a rubber bumper MG Midget.  He's interested in getting
it running right, and doing some upgrades to it to make it faster /
better handling.  Also is interested in road racing but has never
participated in that.  I explained auto cross as a "gateway drug" idea.

Anyway, looking for helpful suggestions for him in the following areas:
1. Someone in the Des Moines Iowa area that knows British cars and
can get his Midget running right
2. Wondering if there's something like the FOT list for Midgets or
MG's that I can suggest to him
3. Looking for connections to auto cross / vintage road racing in the
Des Moines Iowa area

If things work out, we could have another Vintage racer.  He was a
neat guy and also hosts a show on PBS in the area.

Thanks in advance,
Tony Drews
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com