fot

Re: [Fot] . Head intake / exhaust port question

To: "'Dan'" <adcronin@gmail.com>, "'FOT List Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] . Head intake / exhaust port question
From: "Steve Yott" <tr4@wi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 13:36:49 -0600
My opinion only but, I would never use an epoxy in the exhaust port as the
temps are way too high and the epoxy will turn to liquid!  This works fine
in an intake port (but not the pocket) that is relatively cool.  On the
exhaust the transition from the pocket to the runner is really bad on flow
as it is nearly a right angle.  What I do is grind down the valve guide boss
in order to smooth the transition.  I have taken as much as 3/32" from the
boss and then rounded the transition as much as possible.  It is a middle of
the road fix but much better than stock and far cheaper than welding.

Steve Yott