fot

[Fot] Kastner Cup 2015 Update - also see note on survey response for Fri

To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2015 Update - also see note on survey response for Friday dinner
From: Scott Janzen via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 23:00:12 -0500

--Apple-Mail=_D3002D56-F3D9-4BF1-857F-FDDBAA7E03D8

Time for an update on the race weekend, May 14-17 at Summit Point =
Raceway in West Virginia ( about 75 miles west of Washington DC)=20

Racing - Registration is expected to open mid-late February.  I'll =
advise as soon as Vintage Racer Group posts it.  You can register the =
old fashioned way by mail, or on line at Motorsports.com.  Typically, =
there's a discount for early registration and you get a full refund if =
you cancel before the race weekend starts.  They also assign race car =
numbers on a first-in basis, so if you don't want to have to change your =
number, register early. =20

Thursday is an optional practice day, Friday is qualifying and racing, =
Saturday is racing with the Kastner Cup as the last race of the day - =
figure about 4 or 4:30 PM, and more racing Sunday.  There is a driver's =
school that starts weds for novices - see the VRG website for details.

License and Rules - see the VRG website for the details  =
http://www.vrgonline.org/rules/  VRG will accept any current license =
from a Vintage Motorsport Council member club, also PCA, BMW CCA, SCCA, =
some three day racing school graduates, and others.  If you don't have =
this, get in touch with me and with the driver qualification committee =
of VRG at drivers@vrgonline.org

Generally if your car conforms to vintage specs somewhere it will be =
allowed to race, though racing slicks are not allowed, nor are Hoosier =
R6s, if anyone is looking.  Big fiberglass bodywork is also frowned on - =
you might want to check with one of the VRG tech inspectors and me =
beforehand.  Generally, the vintage compliance rules are self-policed, =
but safety inspection (see checklist on VRG website) is thorough.

Paddock - unless you are in the driver's school, you will not be able to =
get into the paddock until about 5 PM on Weds.  This will be stated in =
the registration info.
We're going to have dedicated paddock space.  At some point down the =
road, I'll start asking for rig info.  There are electric hook-ups in =
the paddock where we will be, so you don't need your generator.  Camping =
is allowed and there are showers at the track.

Friday FOT dinner - We're putting together a Friday night dinner in the =
paddock for racers, crew and some other Triumph folks.  Right now, it =
looks like it will be some really great barbecue/sides from a local =
restaurant, and a keg of good beer. This is not a freebie - hey, we have =
no operating budget to speak of - so cost will be about $20/head.  I'd =
like to gauge interest, so please email me if you think you will =
participate - state number of drivers/crew.

Saturday dinner is the drivers' dinner at the track, which is part of =
the entry package through VRG.

Hotels - we've filled the Hampton Inn (34 rooms) and are now working on =
the other FOT hotel - a great rate at $89/night versus the regular rate =
of over $130.  You might find cheaper places, but they won't be as nice. =
 Let me know if you still need a room and i'll provide the hotel info.

Tee Shirts - We've got a great design this year - thanks, Clark Lincoln! =
 Jim Hassall has graciously volunteered to take on the production and =
order collecting tasks.  He will also be collecting money for dinner, =
when we get to that point.  You'll be hearing from Jim on shirts, etc at =
some point. =20

Any questions, let me know.=

--Apple-Mail=_D3002D56-F3D9-4BF1-857F-FDDBAA7E03D8

-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Time =
for an update on the race weekend, May 14-17 at Summit Point Raceway in =
West Virginia ( about 75 miles west of Washington =
mid-late February. &nbsp;I'll advise as soon as Vintage Racer Group =
posts it. &nbsp;You can register the old fashioned way by mail, or on =
line at <a href=3D"http://Motorsports.com";>Motorsports.com</a>. =
&nbsp;Typically, there's a discount for early registration and you get a =
full refund if you cancel before the race weekend starts. &nbsp;They =
also assign race car numbers on a first-in basis, so if you don't want =
to have to change your number, register early. =
Friday is qualifying and racing, Saturday is racing with the Kastner Cup =
as the last race of the day - figure about 4 or 4:30 PM, and more racing =
Sunday. &nbsp;There is a driver's school that starts weds for novices - =
Rules - see the VRG website for the details &nbsp;<a =
href=3D"http://www.vrgonline.org/rules/";>http://www.vrgonline.org/rules/</=
a> &nbsp;VRG will accept any current license from a Vintage Motorsport =
Council member club, also PCA, BMW CCA, SCCA, some three day racing =
school graduates, and others. &nbsp;If you don't have this, get in touch =
with me and with the driver qualification committee of VRG at&nbsp;<span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"color: rgb(36, 93, 63); font-family: =
Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-weight: 100; =
line-height: 16px; "><a href=3D"mailto:drivers@vrgonline.org"; =
style=3D"color: rgb(0, 72, 107); text-decoration: =
rally if your car conforms to vintage specs somewhere it will be allowed =
to race, though racing slicks are not allowed, nor are Hoosier R6s, if =
anyone is&nbsp;looking. &nbsp;Big fiberglass bodywork is also frowned on =
- you might want to check with one of the VRG tech inspectors and me =
beforehand. &nbsp;Generally, the vintage compliance rules are =
self-policed, but safety inspection (see checklist on VRG website) is =
driver's school, you will not be able to get into the paddock until =
about 5 PM on Weds. &nbsp;This will be stated in the registration =
info.</div><div>We're going to have dedicated paddock space. &nbsp;At =
some point down the road, I'll start asking for rig info. &nbsp;There =
are electric hook-ups in the paddock where we will be, so you don't need =
your generator. &nbsp;Camping is allowed and there are showers at the =
together a Friday night dinner in the paddock for racers, crew and some =
other Triumph folks. &nbsp;Right now, it looks like it will be some =
really great barbecue/sides from a local restaurant, and a keg of good =
beer. This is not a freebie - hey, we have no operating budget to speak =
of - so cost will be about $20/head. &nbsp;<u>I'd like to gauge =
interest, so please email me if you think you will participate - state =
the drivers' dinner at the track, which is part of the entry package =
Inn (34 rooms) and are now working on the other FOT hotel - a great rate =
at $89/night versus the regular rate of over $130. &nbsp;You might find =
cheaper places, but they won't be as nice. &nbsp;Let me know if you =
still need a room and i'll provide the hotel =
this year - thanks, Clark Lincoln! &nbsp;Jim Hassall has graciously =
volunteered to take on the production and order collecting tasks. =
&nbsp;He will also be collecting money for dinner, when we get to that =
point. &nbsp;You'll be hearing from Jim on shirts, etc at some point. =

--Apple-Mail=_D3002D56-F3D9-4BF1-857F-FDDBAA7E03D8--

--===============1072193859555480953==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive