fot

[Fot] Door Latches

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Door Latches
From: marty via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:43:55 -0500

--_399abadd-ee2d-4c85-9df1-7a5c71717f08_

Anybody doing anything creative for a secondary door latch on their cars? I=
 had a situation last season on a bumpy hard right hander when my drivers d=
oor popped open. A bit of an oh crap moment to say the least as I reached o=
ut to grab it.  I would much prefer to keep both hands on the wheel in corn=
ers. :)  My car is an early Spitfire and the door latches well=2C the door =
gap is not perfect but with the cage in there is not much tweaking left.  I=
t has probably been raced this way for decades and maybe it was a fluke but=
 I would like to guarantee it does not happen again.   So=2C is anybody usi=
ng anything other than the factory latch setup on their cars?

=20

Thanks=2C

=20

Marty
                                          =

--_399abadd-ee2d-4c85-9df1-7a5c71717f08_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
for a secondary door latch on their cars? I had a situation last season on =
a bumpy hard right hander when my drivers door popped open. A bit of an oh =
crap moment to say the least as I reached out to grab it.&nbsp=3B I would m=
uch prefer to keep both hands on the wheel in corners. :) &nbsp=3BMy car is=
 an early Spitfire and the door latches well=2C the door gap is not perfect=
 but with the cage in there is not much tweaking left.&nbsp=3B It has proba=
bly been raced this way for decades and maybe it was a fluke but I would li=
ke to guarantee it does not happen again.&nbsp=3B &nbsp=3BSo=2C is anybody =
using anything other than the factory latch setup on their cars?<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Thanks=2C<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Marty<BR>                                         </div></body>

--_399abadd-ee2d-4c85-9df1-7a5c71717f08_--

--===============8225377918588938243==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive