fot

Re: [Fot] Fw: Best spectator vintage event

To: jwheeler1947@yahoo.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fw: Best spectator vintage event
From: Bill Dentinger via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:41:55 -0400
Full-name: BillDentin
--===============2182051551483103632==

--part1_15d90d.7782548e.4246c631_boundary

Amici...

The responses to 'Best spectator vintage event' all tickle me.  They remind
me of that old joke that ends, "Well,...even bad sex is pretty good."
Point being, pick one, you damn near can't go wrong.

But of course some are better than others.  We had run most of the major
tracks in the country east of Hallet, and in fact many of the minor tracks as
well.  I think my top five suggestions would include the 'major annual'
vintage events at Road America, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, Mid-Ohio, and Watkins
Glen.  If I had to pick just one Top Choice (and having been given the
guideline of bring 'an auto enthusiast vice an experienced racer'), I think I'd
pick the Lime Rock Labor Day weekend because their No Sunday Racing policy
allows for a second 'happening'.  On Sunday they have a HUGE Concours that
attracts tons and tons of exotic collector cars.  I think that would sit well
given the guidelines.  Add to that...it is a back to back racing weekend with
the big Watkins Glen event, providing an opportunity to get to both of them
(and there is plenty to do in the area during the days between them.

Bill Dentinger

--part1_15d90d.7782548e.4246c631_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D2=
 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Amici...<BR>
<BR>
The responses to 'Best spectator vintage event' all tickle me.&nbsp; They=
 remind me of that old joke that ends, "Well,...even bad sex is pretty goo=
d."&nbsp; Point being, pick one, you damn near can't go wrong.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
But of course some are better than others.&nbsp; We had run most of the ma=
jor tracks in the country east of Hallet, and in fact many of the minor tr=
acks as well.&nbsp; I think my top five suggestions would include the 'maj=
or annual' vintage events at Road America, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, Mid-Oh=
io, and Watkins Glen.&nbsp; If I had to pick just one Top Choice (and havi=
ng been given the guideline of bring 'an auto enthusiast vice an experienc=
ed racer'), I think I'd pick the Lime Rock Labor Day weekend because their=
 No Sunday Racing policy allows for a second 'happening'.&nbsp; On Sunday=
 they have a HUGE Concours that attracts tons and tons of exotic collector=
 cars.&nbsp; I think that would sit well given the guidelines.&nbsp; Add=
 to that...it is a back to back racing weekend with the big Watkins Glen=
 event, providing an opportunity to get to both of them (and there is plen=
ty to do in the area during the days between them.<BR>
<BR>
Bill Dentinger<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

fot@autox.team.net