fot

Re: [Fot] MSD box

To: "'Fot'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] MSD box
From: Randall via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 11:52:50 -0700
> Do people with MSD trouble run ignition cables which have no
> surpressors so that the MSD might get disturbed?

MSD specifically warns against doing that.

But every MSD box I've run on the street has eventually failed, no matter which
wires I was using.  The only one left has never been
installed. <g>

On a related note, how far are you allowed to go?  Seems to me that some of the
"coil per cylinder" setups would be more robust (no
rotor or distributor cap to fail and plenty of time to develop full output even
at racing rpm), if of course you are allowed the
electronics to determine timing and so on.

-- Randall

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive