fot

[Fot] valve seals

To: Friends of triumph <fot@autox.team.net>, 6-Pack <membership@6-pack.org>
Subject: [Fot] valve seals
From: Glenn Franco via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:55:17 -0400
Hi all

Looking for some advise on what valve seals will fit the Spit 1500 or
TR6 Valves.
I just finished an engine build and when I built the head I knurled the
guides. Normally I have had no issues knurling the guides on both spit
and TR6 engines. I went the extra mile and reamed the guide after
instead of just burnish and now I have an issue with oil getting by the
guides.
This one puffs on decel and with high manifold vacuum.
Anyway I'm looking for the old fashion umbrella seals or something
better that doesn't require machining the outside of the guide like the
old perfect circle seals.
I'm in the process of moving and need to get this spit (mine) out of the
shop pronto.

Thanks in advance
Glenn

fot@autox.team.net