fot

[Fot] Racing Tire Rotation Question

To: "Triumph 'Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Racing Tire Rotation Question
From: John Styduhar via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 09:12:53 -0400

--089e01184d5cc4e81b05144feb46

I'm running Hoosier Speedster 205/60 15. The tires have a direction arrow
on the sidewall. The Hoosier tire factory rep. told me that I could swap
the tires/wheels side-to-side to even out the tire wear and extend tread
life. No need to remount and rebalance tires.  But that would make the tire
roll in the opposite direction as shown on the sidewall. The rep said the
tire design is symetrical and the directional tread pattern is for water
shedding.  My internet query also supports this thinking.  What are fellow
racers doing about racing tire rotation?

--089e01184d5cc4e81b05144feb46

39;m running Hoosier Speedster 205/60 15. The tires have a direction arrow =
on the sidewall. The Hoosier tire factory rep. told me that I could swap th=
e tires/wheels side-to-side to even out the tire wear and extend tread life=
. No need to remount and rebalance tires.=C2=A0 But that would make the tir=
e roll in the opposite direction as shown on the sidewall. The rep said the=
 tire design is symetrical and the directional tread pattern is for water s=
hedding.=C2=A0 My internet query also supports this thinking.=C2=A0 What ar=
e fellow racers doing about racing tire rotation? =C2=A0</div></div>

--089e01184d5cc4e81b05144feb46--

--===============7947752889434778078==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com