fot

Re: [Fot] Racing Tire Rotation Question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing Tire Rotation Question
From: Duncan Charlton via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:15:10 -0500
--===============5836532625398031587==
 boundary="------------080608000606060500030809"

--------------080608000606060500030809

I did as Hoosier recommends on the Speedsters that were on my Morgan.
Since my rear wheels fit differently than my fronts I could only rotate
left to right.  I never had any problem due to this.  I suppose one
could mount the right ones the "correct" way if all the tracks you run
are counterclockwise or on the left side if clockwise.

Duncan

On 4/22/15 8:12 AM, John Styduhar via Fot wrote:
> I'm running Hoosier Speedster 205/60 15. The tires have a direction
> arrow on the sidewall. The Hoosier tire factory rep. told me that I
> could swap the tires/wheels side-to-side to even out the tire wear and
> extend tread life. No need to remount and rebalance tires.  But that
> would make the tire roll in the opposite direction as shown on the
> sidewall. The rep said the tire design is symetrical and the
> directional tread pattern is for water shedding.  My internet query
> also supports this thinking.  What are fellow racers doing about
> racing tire rotation?

--------------080608000606060500030809

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    I did as Hoosier recommends on the Speedsters that were on my
    Morgan.  Since my rear wheels fit differently than my fronts I could
    only rotate left to right.  I never had any problem due to this.  I
    suppose one could mount the right ones the "correct" way if all the
    tracks you run are counterclockwise or on the left side if
    clockwise.<br>
    Duncan<br>
      Fot wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAMJWJcFGJTP+KdLR1eKdrLrpzS9JgYEuteLH4UjGq_+0rJkNHw@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          Hoosier Speedster 205/60 15. The tires have a direction arrow
          on the sidewall. The Hoosier tire factory rep. told me that I
          could swap the tires/wheels side-to-side to even out the tire
          wear and extend tread life. No need to remount and rebalance
          tires.  But that would make the tire roll in the opposite
          direction as shown on the sidewall. The rep said the tire
          design is symetrical and the directional tread pattern is for
          water shedding.  My internet query also supports this
          thinking.  What are fellow racers doing about racing tire
          rotation?  </div>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.fot-racing.com";>http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com