fot

[Fot] Trunnion/vertical upright

To: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Trunnion/vertical upright
From: Greg And Alison Blake via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 07:38:45 -0500
I am working on a 1970 TR6 and noticed what I think is a worn out trunnion or
vertical link. With the car on the lift and application of torque to the
trunnion pivot bolt the bolt and trunnion rotate about 10 degrees relative to
the vertical link.

It appears to me that either the trunnion, the vertical link, or both are worn
to allow this slop. The trunnion actually looks "new" as compared to the other
side of the car which does not have this issue.

Should the vertical link/trunnion be replaced as a matched set?  Are TR4a-TR6
parts interchangeable (same part numbers at MOSS)

Thanks

Greg

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com