fot

Re: [Fot] The Peggy Kastner Awards for best in class

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] The Peggy Kastner Awards for best in class
From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 01:05:47 -0600
Kas Kastner via Fot wrote:
> TR-6  Mike Munson  (truly fast)
> TR-250 Henry Fry with a brand new car never run before.
> TR-4 Tony Drews, as a Tr-4 won the cup the award was for the 2nd TR
> GT-6 Charlie Dolan  ( in the original Kastner Brophy GT-6)
> TR-3 Jeff Snook in the fastest TR-3 I've ever seen
> Spitfire Charles Darrow
>
> Best drive of the weekend by Jerry Barker who came from dead last to 5th
> before being black flagged. ( it still counted with me)
>
> Mark Weakley in his TR-4 won the cup with an outstanding performance all
> weekend and 2nd overall to Mike Munson's TR-6.
>
> *Never be beaten by equipment.*

I believe that should be Mark Wheatly.

And as for Jerry Barker he broke an inner axle Friday, overnighted some parts
to be delivered to the Hampton.
They did not arrive in a timely fashion. But all was not lost.  And I feel bad
about not remembering the fellow's
name at the moment but he smashed up the front end of his Spitfire a bit and
was done for the weekend. He offered
Jerry the use of his competition axles. Jerry was not at the presentation of
the cup, he was busy removing the borrowed
axles so the rightful owner could get them back and head home.

mjb.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive