fot

Re: [Fot] 6 cyl crank bearings

To: Enquiries Road & Track <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 6 cyl crank bearings
From: rodkent--- via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 12:31:11 -0400
Cc: Enquiries Road & Track via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Hi Terry, just curious, were you ever able to try that gt6 cam I sold you. Hope
things are going well. thx, rod
---- Enquiries Road & Track via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:
i'd like any comments/experiences people can offer on the crank bearings
currently available for the 6 cylinder engine. As some would know, the
mains and rods are shared with some spitfires

we have tried the israeli made KING bearings and had mixed success. There
are very few seats of the old Vandervell VP copper-leads left around, and
some folk have suggested the overlay plating is falling apart in
new-old-stock ones. Most of the Clevites we can find are much the same spec
as the KING bearings, ie Aluminium-Tin based.

ACL in Australia made copper-lead bearings for them for years, but with
their business recently sold and restructured and they have only a few
large over-sized sets left in stock and dont plan to make more unless i go
to them with an order 50 sets of any required size. If anyone wants
copper-lead in +020 mains or  +030 rods, i'll happily organise them thru my
engine shop. message me directly please

According to mahle website , who now own all the Vandervell business, they
are remaking a limited range of VP2 bearings, but have no listing for
triumph.

thanks

Terry

fot@autox.team.net