fot

[Fot] TR6 rod questions

To: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 rod questions
From: Greg Blake <gblake58tr3@icloud.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 21:55:46 -0500
I am building another TR6 motor. This time a warmed up motor for a street car.
This is a '73 and upon disassembly, I found the number 3 rod has been replaced
at one point in the past. The replacement is an early(?) rod w/o the hole above
the otherwise blind cap bolt.

Should I be searching for a replacement of this early rod to switch it to the
later style with the hole or 5 replacements w/o the hole?

I searched the list archives and could not find much debate on the merits of
the two styles of rod.

Thanks

Greg

Sent from my iPhone