fot

Re: [Fot] [Bulk] TR7/8 book

To: "'Paul MacDonald'" <macdonaldp@rogers.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] [Bulk] TR7/8 book
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 08:39:44 +0100
I wrote this article when I came home from Road America in 2013. I've never
touched this article after that.
Last year I was asked to contribute something to the book but really forgot
about that I've sent them the old article.
I was quite surprised to find my car in the book "oh, this is the book I'd
sent my article to"

They did a very very good job on translation and making it nice to read. The
article I had sent was in German.

BTW....the flat plane crank is not true. My fault. The engine is in pieces
at the moment and it has an ordinary V8 crank with cross planes, but at that
time in 2013 I had understand the car has a different firing order which
only would make sense with a flat plane crank.
Firing order is normal Rover standard. So nothing uncommon on this engine.

Cheers
Chris