fot

Re: [Fot] TR-4 Valve Spring Cap / Collar dilemma

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR-4 Valve Spring Cap / Collar dilemma
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 13:53:49 -0600
 From Crower:
P/N 68324 spring matches the springs Ken was selling virtually identically.
P/N 87041 is the titanium retainer (7 degree locks, by the way) that
goes with that spring.  It is NOT identical to what Ken was selling
and add 0.065" to installed spring height which isn't great for me
but probably workable.
P/N 87050 is the steel retainer which would work.
These retainers are listed for 11/32" valve stem diameter rather than
5/16" but I've verified the fit there.

 From Isky:
Springs TR05 and TR06 (outer and inner)
Retainer 60TI - Titanium, 927ST - Steel

Note that the Isky springs are somewhat larger in diameter than the
Crower ones, so the Isky retainer won't work on the Crower
springs.  The Crower springs would allow you to get about 100 lbs
seat pressure which is my target.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Tony Drews