fot

[Fot] Aluminum pan baffle

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Aluminum pan baffle
From: fmccjr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 23:09:39 -0400
Among the spares that came with my Tr3 was an aluminum pan. I replaced the
(leaking!)steel pan (containing a very slick baffle with Volvo markings..!)
with the aluminum pan that also had vertical baffles in it. Made from sheet
aluminum, the baffles were pinned to the oil pan walls! The horizontal baffle
was as Tim described.
The car had "teething problems" at it's debut last fall at the Lime Rock
Historics, tearing up a new tire on the Thursday parade, and a fresh OD
transmission that was rendered useless by a u-joint cap that burst out and put
a hole in the overdrive! Nevertheless, I had a great time and I look forward to
getting a good start in vintage racing this year, starting on Friday at Lime
Rock. Maybe I'll see some of you in the future!

Rick McCurdy
Newburgh, NY
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com