fot

Re: [Fot] Distributor

To: McKearn McKearn <mckearn2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Distributor
From: Duncan Charlton <duncan.charlton54@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 06:28:35 -0500
Cc: FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>
If youâ??re racing, you wonâ??t need it, but if you decided to add it, you
could drill and tap the manifold for a vacuum line.  The vacuum advance is more
of an economy device than a performance device and only comes into play at low
throttle settings.  It requires a low manifold pressure (high vacuum) to do its
work, and wide open throttle (at whatever rpm) provides little vacuum.  It adds
advance in addition to mechanical advance, and you wouldnâ??t want that in a
heavy load condition.
Duncan
(Texas)